I've hit the 3rd Trimester wall. Ugh. I
am SO tired!! L I think it’s a combination of many
things. Primarily the low iron, and low
BP leaves me very short of breath with a racing heart...even with the smallest
exertion. Then there is the difficulty
sleeping. Up 3-4 times a night to pee
and just unable to get comfortable. And
of course this time there is a preschooler to chase around...who really doesn't
understand why Mommy is so tired all the time.
I feel bad for Bryce. I spend a
lot of time sitting on the bottom step while he chases around imaginary “bad”
guys, begging me to join in. He is my
little helper though, and loves to “dispense” my iron pill to me before bed
every night. Takes him about 15 mins to
work it out of its foil pack, but he is determined to “make me feel better”. ;)
Bryce has been very curious about how I’m going to get Aiden
“out”. lol I explained that I had to go to the hospital
and the Doctor’s were going to help me. He
wanted to know if they were going to do an “opration”. (Obviously Bryce is paying much more
attention to my occasional Mommy Medical shows than I realized!!!) I told him I hoped not and that I was just
going to push really hard and he would “pop” out. Thankfully there were no more questions
about the logistics of where he would actually “pop” from!! :s
What’s happening with Baby this week? “This week, your amazing growing baby is around 3
pounds and 17 inches tall. With each added layer of baby fat, your baby's
wrinkly raisin skin starts to look more and more like it will when they're
born. The heavy news: you can expect your miracle-gro muffin to gain about a
half a pound of weight per week from now until about two weeks before birth. Your
baby's developing immune system has made some serious gains over the past weeks
getting them in full gear to face our disease-ridden world o’ wonders. Even so,
a large majority of your child’s immune strength will need to come from your
milk in the first year. Their cute little noggin’ is still soft because the
skull bones have not yet fused together. As disturbing as having an infant with
a soft cracked skull sounds, it's pretty much a necessity for passage through
the birth canal during labor. If your baby is in your birth canal for an
extended period, they'll come out with a bit of a cone head, as a result of
their skull plates being compressed while in your rather snug birth canal. It's
normal, harmless and their skull will even out into a more round, less
cone-heady shape in the next few weeks.”
No comments:
Post a Comment