Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Week 35


Does this dress make me look fat? lol

Well I posed the question last week…”Can I get any bigger?”  Turns out the question is YES.  Lol  I’ve gone from smuggling a basketball to a beach ball.  Perhaps it’s the “chevrons” that look deceiving?! I actually feel much better though…I think because he may have dropped.  GONE is that “I can’t breathe when sitting” feeling, or the “achey pulled muscle, gonna split open” feeling. ;)  Strangely enough, I did measure my “girth” again and I’m still sitting at 44”.  (I think the same as when I measured in week 33ish.  Still 1.5inches bigger than Bryce at 36 weeks!! lol)
What a wonderful Mother’s Day this year.  Not only did I get to celebrate with my “Mother Mentors” (Grandma, Mom, and Tracy) but we also got to anticipate and celebrate the impending arrival of Aiden with a surprise baby shower.  My Mom and Sister went above and beyond to spoil me with beautiful and thoughtful gifts.  And Nana got Bryce involved by having him wrap some things and sign a card.  He was pretty tickled and proudly showed my “His” card that he signed.  There were lots of gorgeous knitted items, a sweater and hat, baby blanket, and an Amish puzzle ball.  (Neatest little thing – Google it!!)  Also a fully stocked diaper bag, bottles, onseies, and other cute sleepers.   Then there was the much needed baby swing, as I sold Bryce’s.  I love the one they chose!  Super soft and cozy…and decorated with tasteful, neutral colours.  It’s not “loud” and obnoxious…splashed with primary colours.  lol  Matches my brown décor perfectly!!  I am concerned over Bryce’s interest in the swing.  He is a button pusher and I fear he will be jacking it up to the loudest and fastest settings.  He also likes to “swing” it back and forth with a little too much gusto! Lol  I’m definitely feeling ready for Aiden’s arrival now.  (Well at least in terms of being well stocked!)
This week I started my reduced work week.  I’m now only working Monday’s, Wednesday’s, and Friday’s.  Hooray!!  I had so much planned to do on my first day off (nesting),  but ended up spending most of it resting.  Feels like a wasted day.   In actuality, I probably only have a couple weeks left at work anyways.  Most Doctor’s officially write their patients completely off by 38weeks….well except for mean Dr. A.  (My last OB-GYN)
What’s happening with baby this week? “Your baby now weighs about 5.25 pounds / 2.4 kilograms and measures approximately 18 inches / 45 centimetres from head to toe. His elbow, foot or head may protrude from your stomach when he stretches and squirms about. Soon, as the wall of your uterus and your abdomen stretch thinner and let in more light, your baby will begin to develop daily activity cycles.  This week, your little one is now sporting fingernails and has a fully developed pair of kidneys. His liver can also process some waste products.  There's much less amniotic fluid and much more baby in your uterus, which has expanded to a thousand times its original size. You've probably put on between 25 and 30 pounds (Ya right) and your weight gain has hit its peak. Even your belly button has got bigger and has popped outward. You may be feeling breathless now that the top of your uterus is up under your ribs. Try getting down on all fours to take deeper breaths. (Ya that will look cute in the office) Although the pressure on your bladder will make the bathroom your second home, don't drink any less water - your baby needs the fluids. But you may like to cut down on diuretic drinks such as tea and coffee, which will make you have to urinate even more often.”

No comments:

Post a Comment