This is a
catch-up post since technically I'm in my 39 week. I'm a pumpkin this
week? Sounds about right!
Well, I'm
definitely feeling "done". The novelty of being pregnant has
worn off and I'm very ready to meet Aiden. (Though I know I'll miss my
belly in a couple of months-just like last time) At my weekly appointment, Dr.
Daisy offered to do a "stretch and sweep" to hopefully induce
labour. I declined the offer ...as it really sounds less enjoyable than
being pregnant for one more week but said I might reconsider at the next
appointment. ;) We also discussed some other less invasive labour
inducing strategies, including Raspberry Leaf Tea. (Which I'm drinking as
I type) It is touted as a uterine tonic and to be used during pregnancy in
preparation for childbirth. From what I've read, it can definitely
stimulate contractions and also speed up labour. Unfortunately no one
says it helps lessen the pain!!
I ran the
idea of Placenta Encapsulation by her as well. She laughed and said I was
the 3rd person to mention it this week! See...it's catching on!!
lol While she said it wasn't something she would consider herself (which
is surprising because she seems like an "earth child") she said it
would be worthwhile if I could reap the supposed benefits. In any event,
the cooler and large ziploc baggies are packed and ready to go. Just need
to put Tatiana on speed dial.
In my quest
to breastfeed this time (lactation cookies, eating my own placenta), I have
also purchased Fenugreek supplements. It is a culinary spice found
growing in the Mediterranean, and used for a multitude of health concerns
including problems with lactation. Fenugreek has been known to increase
milk production in lactating women by over 500 percent within 24 to 72 hours
after consuming this herb. Although it is not known why this happens,
researchers speculate that the oil contained in fenugreek seeds plays a role.
(Diosgenin which is similar to Estrogen)
 |
| No wonder my belly is so big! |
What's
happening with baby this week? "Your baby is completely ready
to be born now, and is at full term. The average weight at 38 weeks is around
7lbs but of course this will vary with each baby. Developmentally and size-wise
they are absolutely perfect little newborns, and the only remaining part of
their pregnancy journey is meeting mum and dad! Their organs are
now all fully formed and ready for life outside their home for the past 9
months. One remaining change left to happen is the eye colour of your baby
which will still be changing due to the lack of pigment. It’s common for babies
to be born with blue for grey eyes but for these to turn green or brown after
birth They are most likely very low
down in your tummy now, head engaged and just waiting for the release of the
hormones which will get the contractions started to push them out! You
are no doubt impatiently ticking the days off on the calendar now, and
wondering every morning if today will be the day! Try and make the most of your
last few days before baby arrives by getting as much rest as you can, ready to
meet your newborn. Some mums are convinced that there are natural ways to get labour started when they get to this point
in their pregnancy, from eating pineapples to having sex! If you are bored of
waiting to meet your new baby son or daughter, you might want to try a few of
them to see if there is any truth in the rumours! “
No comments:
Post a Comment