Monday, 30 May 2016

Month 11



I am very late updating this months’ blog.  Perhaps subconsciously I think that if I don’t write it, I can delay the fact that my baby is about to turn one!

"Bubbling" with joy.
Speaking of turning one, the birthday party planning is in full swing. I don’t want to spoil the surprise so I won’t mention our theme but it’s bound to be a barrel of laughs, and everyone with have a swinging good time.  ;)  Gotta love Pinterest for party ideas and crafty decorations…though I suppose you could hate Pinterest for the very same reason?!  Gone are the days you could simply frost a cake, blow up some balloons, and call it a Birthday.   Lol 

I was expecting Aiden to be walking by now since he started “cruising” so early.  (Well, “early” in comparison to Bryce.)  He is able to walk (or tiptoe) with his little walker, but without it sticks pretty close to furniture.  He has however, started “free standing” a lot and just yesterday took a “step” (fall) towards me on several occasions.  I would imagine within this next week, we will be seeing some great strides.  (Hey…see what I did right there?!  Great strides...good one eh?) 

I think I mentioned this before, but one of the most amazing things about having the two boys is watching them interact with each other.  O.K. well…Aiden tries to interact and Bryce mostly ignores him or shuts himself in his room for “privacy”.  Lol  It’s just adorable how much Aiden loves his big brother.  As soon as he hears Bryce’s door open in the morning, he drops whatever he’s holding and crawls at lightning speed down the hall.  Depending on Bryce’s mood (not so much a morning person) Aiden may get a pat on the head. HaHa.  We’re pretty sure Aiden has a word for Bryce.  “Bup”.  And if Bryce doesn’t start sharing his toys a little more, Aiden may eventually find another word for Bryce. Lol

Brotherly love...
I still haven't organized daycare for my boys...and my return to work date is quickly approaching.  I've been in contact with the one and only daycare center in Perth since last Fall but the coordinator seems less than interested in my business and was a little dismissive when I again inquired about availability a month ago.  I think I may have to search for a home based provider which always makes me nervous.  I suppose I feel that more eyes in the center would provide better care...but then again there are more children for those eyes to watch.  You just hear of so many horror stories...makes me ill.  :(   Here's hoping I win the lottery before August 2nd.

I think that’s it for now.  I seem to be lacking in the creativity department (and sleep) this month…

No comments:

Post a Comment