Sunday, 23 November 2014

Week 10

The doppler arrived and.....drum roll please....I heard June Bug’s heartbeat!!  It took about 10 mins of searching as I started off WAY too high and too far left and right. (Which resulted in nothing but a symphony of bowel sounds and the thundering beat of my femoral artieries.)  Finally I found the whooshing of the placenta (matching my heartbeat) and used that as a target to hone in on my June bug.  I estimated his/her heart rate at ~140 last night (sleeping?) but used a stopwatch to count this morning and got a reading of 174.  Right on target.  Best $50 I spent for the peace of mind I just received.  Such a long time to wait for reassurance between the dating Ultrasound at 6 weeks, until the IPS screening ultrasound at 12weeks.  Now I can reassure myself any time I like!!



Bryce is pretty excited to be a big brother.  He keeps telling Daddy that there is a baby in my tummy. (He also thinks there is one in his!!) Bryce said he wants to “pet” the baby and that he/she can sleep in his room.  I bet that generous offer will be revoked once he hears how loudly his sibling can cry!  Lol  For some reason he thinks baby will be orange?!  I said “he/she will be pink like you”. He said, “I not pink, I yellow”.  Alright fine...but you are definitely NOT orange?!

What’s happening with baby this week? “By the 10th week of pregnancy, your baby’s crown to rump length is 1.25 to 1.68 inches long. All of her major organs and systems have begun to develop; now comes the growth spurt. Currently at 10 weeks of pregnancy, your baby's head makes up half her length; during the next few months, her body will catch up, although her brain will still be developing rapidly. Now that your baby's liver is funtioning well enough to make all of her blood cells, the yolk sac, which performed this functions, is starting to disappear. This 10th week, or next, the placenta will begin to function, providing nourishment to your baby and filtering out the waste. During the next 3 weeks, your baby will double in length. Her webbed fingers and toes start to separate; she will begin to develop peach fuzz, fingernails, toenails, and all those little details that make us all more human-like in appearance. Her eyelids are fusing together in the 10th week of pregnancy so that they can develop, starting with the iris. Her arms bend at the elbow and her hands meet up by her face.


What’s happening with Momma?  Morning sickness?  Yup! Fatigue?  Yup! Oh and my uterus has doubled in size and now resembles a small melon! ;)
206 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment