Friday, 13 February 2015

Week 22

Looks like we skipped right over spaghetti squash (which is disappointing because I had a recipe planned) and went straight to papaya this week.  This pregnancy is flying by!!

Another monthly Dr. appointment has come and gone.  My tummy is measuring right on target at 22cm for 22 weeks, and Aiden’s heartbeat is strong at 150.  Dr. Daisy reviewed the 20 week ultrasound results and said there were no abnormal findings.  Cervix is still nice and long, placenta looks good, and all anatomy measurements indicate normal growth.  There was a “jump in my weight”...but according to the nurse that’s “normal around this time”?!  :s  Blood pressure is a little on the low end, as it always is...and may account for why I was experiencing shortness of breath, dizziness, and tachycardia. (Since Iron levels came back normal)  Maybe starting on the low end will be a good thing and prevent problems later on when June rolls around and I’m retaining 10 pounds of water!!  ;)

Sweetest thing happened last night.  (Feb 12th) Bryce and I were playing in the basement after dinner and I mentioned that Aiden knew we were having fun...as he was kicking a lot.  I asked Bryce if he wanted to come feel his Brother.  Of course he wouldn’t sit still long enough to actually feel a kick but he leaned into my tummy and said “Hi Brother!" Ahhhhhhh :)

I know this is Aiden’s blog but I had to post pics of Bryce’s new Dino bed!  (Gotta learn to share now boys!)  He LOVES it, and always asks me to come “lay down in his new bed”.  The set came with a bedskirt that is not need as Bryce has a platform bed...so I used it to make a valance.  Now just waiting on the Dino’s pictures I ordered and both my boys will have brand new rooms. 


I’m going to make sure I talk to Dr. Daisy about post-partum depression this time around.  I know I experienced it with Bryce...for his entire first year and even after I returned to work.  I remember I contacted her office a couple times that first year, but never followed up with an appointment.  She was my new family Doc, and I guess I just didn’t feel comfortable talking about it.  Research says that if you experienced it the first time, you are more likely to experience it again.  (Risk increases by 50%-probably because now you have TWO children lol) But knowledge is power and this time I’ll do things differently.  Less stress, more sleep....housework can wait.  Baby play groups, exercise...and the Summer sun should help.  And I certainly won’t turn down medication if the situation warrants it.  I don’t want my two smiling babies to see a sad/depressed Mommy!

What’s happening with baby this week? “ Baby now weighs almost one pound / 430 grams, measures nearly 11 inches/ just over 27 centimetres long from crown to heel, and is proportioned like a newborn, albeit a thinner version since his baby fat hasn't yet developed. Although he's getting heavier every day, his skin still appears wrinkled because he needs to gain more weight. The lips are distinct and the eyes are formed, though the iris (the coloured part of the eye) still lacks pigment. The pancreas, essential in the production of hormones, is developing steadily.  Even this early, the first signs of teeth appear in the form of tooth buds beneath the gum line. Before you know it, your baby will be born, and soon after, his first teeth will come through.  You've probably gained between 12 and 15 pounds / 5.4 and 6.8 kilograms. Starting now, you'll begin to put on weight more steadily, averaging about half a pound / 225 grams per week.

Only 122 days to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment