3 months?! How can that be true?! It really does
seem like just yesterday that I was enormously pregnant and anticipating
Aiden’s arrival.
| Ouch...teething hurts! |
So 3 months old and quite possible teething?! Everything I’ve read says the average is about
6 months, and it’s rare to teeth before 4 months. (Bryce was 4 months and 22 days) We have copious amounts of drool, which gets
swallowed and spit back up, and we have fists in his mouth every waking minute
though he prefers to bite MY knuckle, shoulder, face, and chin. Poor little
guy. And being that he is so young, he
doesn’t have the coordination to get a teething ring/chew toy into his mouth. I took a look and can’t see or feel anything…but I’ve heard that it can takes
weeks for the teeth to actually break through.
Hmmmm that might end breastfeeding sooner than later!!
Speaking of breastfeeding, can I just say that I prayed for
big ‘boobs’ since I was pre-pubescent and probably all through my 20’s….finally
giving up and accepting my boyish figure lol!
But now that I have em’ I don’t know why I ever wanted them. Nothing fits and I can
hardly remain decent. I’ll be happy to
say good riddance when my nourishment duties are over. (Sorry Aiden to traumatize you if you ever
read this and have to think of your mom’s ‘boobs’ for even a second…especially since
I`ll be really old by then!!)
| A pic for his Daddy! |
So here’s another fun side effect of breastfeeding. Apparently breastfeeding exclusively burns
about 500 calories a day which promotes weight loss.
But did you know that for some people (especially when NOT
breastfeeding exclusively) it can cause your body to hang on to weight! Nice! It has something to do with low
estrogen levels and high prolactin (BF hormone) that stores weight around your
middle and hips. Similar to what happens
in menopause. Argh! Now I have to work harder to lose that
stubborn baby weight! Why oh why did I
eat so much when pregnant!! Oh and my feet grew, which I found out when
shopping for winter boots this week.
Size 9 now! What?! So not only am I sloppily spilling out of all
my dresses, and have a lovely muffin top, I now also have giant feet. HOT! Lol But I also have the most adorable little boy(s) so it's all worth it!!!!
Aiden is definitely more vocal these days. He loves to wake up at 4am and carry on a one
sided conversation with me. But his face is so smiley and adorable, I
can’t help but melt. The tiredness fades and we happily go downstairs to continue the conversation on the comfy living room carpet. And without fail, as soon as he falls back to sleep, Bryce wakes to start the day. Life of a sleep deprived Mom!! Aiden has also started to laugh out loud. The first time I heard it was Friday, August 31st. A sure way to
get him to laugh is to invite Madigan over to play. Aiden loves when Madigan stomps her feet
and sneezes in protest when I won’t throw the toy she has dropped in front of
us. And he adores his big brother! In
the rare moment that Bryce stops and sits still long enough for Aiden to
focus…it usually generates the biggest, uni-dimple smile! (Aiden has a dimple on his right cheek)
![]() |
| Can you guess who is who?! |
I don’t know how much Aiden weighs this month...probably
close to 17lbs now. (*Update to Month 2; Aiden weighed 15.2 lbs and had his first immunizations. 2 needles and an oral elixir. Took it all like a champ!!*) I do know that he
has busted out of all his 6 month sleepers and wears 9-12 month clothing. Following in his big brothers’ giant
footsteps.
That’s all for now.
Looking forward to discovering more about his little personality in month 4!

No comments:
Post a Comment