Monday, 17 August 2015

Month 2


Happy 2 months Aiden!  Time seems to be flying by really fast….is it because it’s Summer? :s  

Well, we’ve settled into a family of 3 (4 counting Madigan who is so far down the Totem pole now, she may need counseling) and things are going really well.  Is it just me or does it seem easier with baby number 2?!  I remember being so stressed with Bryce about everything; even the simplest things like getting groceries seemed like a monumental task.  Now Aiden gets dragged around everywhere and even fed on the fly. In fact last night, on the way home from Smiths Falls, we stopped on a side road and sat on someone’s lawn so Aiden could have a drink.  Then Bryce pulled down his pants and had a pee on their grass…sorry homeowners!!)  I suppose that the first baby is so life altering especially when arriving to a selfish 38 year old who was only ever responsible for herself.  But now my life has revolved around Bryce for 3+ years so adding Aiden to the mix hasn’t been as scary as I feared. I thought that the logistics of managing 2 little lives would be twice as hard but so far things are great.  (I’ll get back to you when they are 6 and 3!) I suppose it helps that Aiden is a such a happy, easy going, non-colicky baby AND that Bryce is a wonderfully helpful big Brother.  I’m so excited for Bryce and Aiden to have each other…to grow and play together for the rest of their lives.
6 month sleepers @ 7 weeks old
 
Like Bryce, Aiden is pretty much off the growth chart.  He is over 2ft long (last measured at 6 weeks) and I have no idea how much he weighs now.  (His 2 month appointment isn’t until Aug 28th…I’ll update this blog when I find out.)  I’m going to say around 15lbs?!  All I know is that he is wearing 6 month sleepers which are tight enough that his little toes are almost poking through!!  Along with this hefty size comes and insatiable appetite.  Needless to say, I’m not breastfeeding exclusively but that doesn’t seem to be hurting him any. Speaking of breastfeeding, Aiden developed a lot of baby acne around 5-6 weeks.  I thought perhaps it was the hormone laden placenta pills that were getting passed through the breast milk.  Sure enough (or maybe just coincidentally) his acne cleared up within days of me discontinuing the pills. 

Probably because he is so hungry, Aiden is not sleeping for long periods of time.  He pretty much wakes every 2 hours on the dot throughout the night, and WON'T sleep at all during the day unless held in a sling.  Within moments of setting him down in his swing or bassinet, he wakes.  So I've found carrying him in a wrap or sling is the only way I can get anything done, and he can get the sleep he needs for his little growing brain!! According to Dr. Google,  he should be sleeping about 16 hours a day....unfortunately not all at once. lol  And we're still playing musical beds.  At this rate, I wonder if he'll ever sleep in his crib or get to enjoy his adorable little monster room. Alas, for now it's the stripped down mattress on the floor for you Aiden.  I'm wondering if I should dangle a bare lightbulb from the ceiling and paint bugs on the walls to complete the whole poverty look.  Could be a new nursery theme?!  lol


 
Well I think that's it for now.  I look forward to Month 3 and the milestones that Aiden will reach.  See you back here soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment