| Lipstick kiss at school-1st of many! |
You know what the most adorable thing ever is? Watching Aiden watch his brother. Generally, depending on Bryce’s mood, he
doesn’t pay too much attention to Aiden.
Every now and then he may “coochie coochie coo” him, or give me status
updates like “Aiden is touching my blanket”, but for the most part he leaves Aiden
to do what Aiden does. However, Aiden
never takes his eyes off Bryce. The look
of wonder, amazement, and delight on Aiden’s face when Bryce is around is priceless….or
maybe it’s fear that’s he’s about to be accidentally bonked in the head with a
wildly swinging toy?! Lol I can’t wait until Aiden gets moving and can
chase after Bryce…although for now I should appreciate that Aiden stays put.
Can I just say how cruel “daylight savings time” is to Mom’s
with young children. Oh that glorious
extra hour of sleep that I was promised….baloney! It’s been a month and I’ve LOST 60 hours of
sleep. Aiden now wakes like clockwork at
4am. (In fact I’m writing this at 4:30!)
I’ve tried keeping him up longer which is disastrous, and makes him wake even earlier!?
And the cosmic joke is that by the time I get him back to sleep at 5:30-6:00,
then Bryce wakes! I silently cry in my
head, and go back downstairs with Bryce to start the day…again!
| Feed me! |
So the introduction to solid food is still going well. Though why do they call it “solid” food when
it neither goes in solid or comes out solid.
Haha. He’s tried the cereals…rice, wheat, oat…and loves all the fruit
combo’s. Vegetables on the other hand cause
“faces of displeasure” and peas make him gag. He also enjoys rice husk baby cookies (so
does Madigan) and gets very angry when he drops them. With his Doctor’s approval/encouragement, I’ve
also introduced peanut butter which he loves to “suck” off of lightly
toasted English muffins, and bits of scrambled egg which he usually spits out
because of the texture. Thankfully no
sign of reaction to these two allergy culprits.
Oh and we celebrated Aiden's Baptism on November 1st. We were getting a little concerned that he wouldn't fit in the 147 year old gown as he was 4 months at the time of his baptism. (Bryce was 2 and it was snug on him) Thankfully it DID fit, though the long sleeves became 3/4 length sleeves and unfortunately Aiden added a few teething drool stains on the front. The significance of Nov 1st is that it was All Saints Day and 1 of 4 extra special days to be baptized. "We baptize on All Saints’ Day because when the newly baptized rises from the water he or she finds himself not only in a permanent relationship with Jesus Christ, but also in a covenantal relationship with All Saints who have ever lived and worshiped Jesus Christ." After the Baptism we all proceeded to Mom and Dad's for a wonderful lunch. Special thanks to Mom for lending her home, making those cute little rolled sandwiches AND for Aiden's beautiful cake. And thank you also to my Sister for all her work in the kitchen both before and after lunch, and for being Aiden's Godmother!

Oh and we celebrated Aiden's Baptism on November 1st. We were getting a little concerned that he wouldn't fit in the 147 year old gown as he was 4 months at the time of his baptism. (Bryce was 2 and it was snug on him) Thankfully it DID fit, though the long sleeves became 3/4 length sleeves and unfortunately Aiden added a few teething drool stains on the front. The significance of Nov 1st is that it was All Saints Day and 1 of 4 extra special days to be baptized. "We baptize on All Saints’ Day because when the newly baptized rises from the water he or she finds himself not only in a permanent relationship with Jesus Christ, but also in a covenantal relationship with All Saints who have ever lived and worshiped Jesus Christ." After the Baptism we all proceeded to Mom and Dad's for a wonderful lunch. Special thanks to Mom for lending her home, making those cute little rolled sandwiches AND for Aiden's beautiful cake. And thank you also to my Sister for all her work in the kitchen both before and after lunch, and for being Aiden's Godmother!

In terms of milestones, we’re expecting tooth 3 and 4 to
make an appearance any day. He can roll from front to back. He’ll hold his arms
out to be picked up. He can sit up and stand supported. In fact Bryce and I like to stand him up and
play a game of “giant baby” where he “walks” and crushes toys like King Kong! lol
Well it’s 5:37am and Aiden is still awake. I’m expecting to
hear Bryce cry out “Mommy where are you” any minute so I’ll wrap this up for
now. See you back here in a month.
No comments:
Post a Comment