Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Month 7



7 months?!  I’m sorry Aiden….time is slipping by so fast….faster than with Bryce I think. :s  Have I really had you for 7 months?  Have I embraced and captured every moment with you like I did your brother?  I often fear that  because you are the “second” and my time is divided, that I haven’t stopped to marvel at your awesomeness enough!  That being said, Bryce is definitely not getting as much of my “marveling” either.  Many times I return to the living room after putting Aiden to sleep (for the umpteenth time) and find Bryce sitting all alone watching some less than educational cartoon on T.V. – eyes glazed over – looking a little sad.  Wish there was more of me to go around.  :(



Speaking of “more of me to go around”, I’m actually trying to work on “less of me to go around”.  I figure these breastfeeding hormones (see last months’ post) are not going to change anytime soon so I better get on the cardio train.  Conveniently my sister emailed us out of the blue and asked us if we’d like to go to Florida in February….that was all the motivation I needed.  That day I started a PIYO program (combo of Pilates and Yoga), along with Intermittent Fasting (fast 16 hours 5pm-9am), and some running on the treadmill at night when the boys are asleep.  I don’t have a scale so I can only gauge my results with a tape measure…and with the way my clothes fit I suppose.  My initial measurements (which I’ll spare you) pretty much made me a rectangle!?  Ugh.  


As if my doughy post-partum body isn’t bad enough, I’m now also right in the middle of a post-partum hair loss. My hair is everywhere!  With this pregnancy, I actually noticed a significant increase in my hair thickness…like 3 times as much hair.  Gone were the skinny pony tails, and the lifeless light weight see through hair! What I wouldn’t have given to keep it.  Alas it was only borrowed, and now must be returned to the floor, the drain, the carpet, the dryer filter, the hairbrush, tangled around Aiden’s fingers, balled up on clothing…..Sigh.  I need to purchase a hair net.  :(

We recently had Aiden’s 6 month checkup (we’re a little off schedule because of Christmas and the move) and he measured 29” which put him in the 99th percentile.  He also weighed in at 20 lbs 11 oz which put him somewhere around 95th I think.  He’s a biggie boy, already wearing 18month clothes.  He also received another 2 needles and an oral elixir.  He wasn’t a very happy boy!  In terms of milestones, Aiden pretty much sits up on his own now.  I’ll stuff the nursing pillow behind him in case he falls, but he can sit for a pretty long time.  That is until he reaches for a toy, or the dog!  He is also really enjoying a variety of big boy foods.  With all those teeth, he has no problem powering through PB on toast, (his fav) scrambled eggs and cheese, small pieces of fruit, and spaghetti.  Speaking of teeth, #5 and #6 are just about to pop.  I can see the little holes on his top gum where they are working their way through.  I’m no tooth expert, but I think that’s a lot of teeth for 7 months!  (A coworker’s little girl is the same age and still working on her first 2 bottom.)

Well that’s it for now, and the next time I’ll be able to write all about our family vacation to Florida!!

No comments:

Post a Comment