The 3rd most common question asked of a pregnant woman, (after what are you having, and when are you due) is what names have you chosen?! That is especially difficult when you still don’t have the answer to question one! I remember struggling with Bryce’s name because it’s such a complex issue. You don’t want something so common that there are 3 in every class, but not so uncommon that no one can remember it or worse yet...spell it. Then there is making sure it’s not too cutsie and can transition well into adulthood. Plus you want to make sure that it doesn’t rhyme with anything that they can be taunted with! I think once I know the gender, I can really focus on first names....but in the meantime, I have some middle names picked out. For a Boy, I’m really stuck on Elgin which is the middle name of my Dad and Grandpa. For a girl, I really like Eliza, which is the middle name of my Grandma. Interestingly enough, Elgin has Gaelic origins and means “Little Ireland”...which would be fitting considering both families’ Irish roots. Lots of time to decide and it will definitely be easier to settle on after Jan. 19th.
Bryce was NOT very happy at the thought of “sharing” his stroller...even though he hasn’t used it in over a year. I’m afraid when baby comes, he’s going to want to sit in it too on our walks to the park. Obviously he is too old/big for me to consider purchasing a double stroller, but they have these universal “stroller boards”. They essentially provide a riding platform for older kids to stand on, making a faster and more exciting trip around the block, to the mall, or grocery store etc. I have a feeling the novelty (for ME) will wear off as I repeatedly stub my toe on the back of the board.
I have REALLY been considering having an elective 3D/4D ultrasound. I know, I know...I was SO against it last time. BUT the curiosity of June Bug’s gender is killing me!! Even though I have a gender/anatomy scan booked in 3 short (long) weeks, being able to know even earlier would be so awesome!! Plus, there is a sale on the 3D packages...so it’s like a sign right?! And the scan is only 10-15 minutes, using the same frequency/intensity of a regular 2D scan. It’s only the computer software that’s different to enable the 3D picture. Anyways, I placed a call and left my info. (I think they are closed over the holidays) If they are able to fit me in next week, I think I’ll go. Otherwise, I’ll wait until Jan 19th for the regular scan. **UPDATE** They just called to say they don’t do the scans until at least 18 weeks and therefore earliest appointment would be Jan 13th. Guess I’ll have to patient a little longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment