Monday, 29 December 2014

Week 15

Christmas has come and gone in a blur!  I think the lead up this year was overshadowed by the excitement over baby!!  With all the festivities and busyness of the season, it made the days go by so fast....but now I fear the next 3 weeks will drag on until the anatomy scan. Will we have a little girl in a red tutu next Christmas, or a handsome little boy in a tie and vest? 
I have been rooting through the basement storage to see what sorts of baby things I could find.  Luckily I kept the exersaucer, the bouncy chair, highchair, boxes of diapers (various sizes that I had planned to donate to a woman’s shelter) and some toys.  There are also boxes of clothes/sleepers which will be good if June Bug is a boy.  So we’re in pretty good shape considering I ‘thought’  I sold everything.  I’ll keep an eye on the Boxing Week sales and hopefully be able to pick up a baby swing at a good price.  (Or check good ole’ Kijiji)  
To pass the time, until I know if we’re “team pink or blue”, I’ve been window (internet) shopping for bedding.  As I mentioned, Bryce suggested we paint the nursery green which is a great, neutral colour.  So keeping that in mind, plus the brown crib/dresser, I’ve found two crib sets I like.   I love this one for a little boy.  Just something about Monsters...and the colours would match a green room perfectly. http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/coc/coc7835-847_pop1_coc7835-847.html  I’m having a harder time for a girl.  Most crib sets are VERY pink and white oriented.  It’s a little harder to find something that coordinates with green and brown but I did find this very muted, whimsical bird themed set.  http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/ban/banlbb0143_pop1_banlbb0143.html

Lots of baby movement these days, noticed mostly when laying down just before bed.  It feels like a rolling pressure.  I’m surprised at how far down in the pelvis baby still is, (based on where I hear his/her heartbeat with the doppler) considering my noticeable increase in abdominal girth?!  I guess my growing belly is just displaced organs (intestines) and not really baby yet.  I saw this diagram representing how much displacement actually takes place.  Our bodies really are remarkable!
What is baby up to this week? “Baby's gaining weight fast! At around 1 ¾ ounces, he's nearly doubled in weight since last week, and ultrasound pictures at 15 weeks would show that he's now the size of an orange (around 4 ½ inches or 10.5 cm). His thin skin shows a web of blood vessels stretching across his body and he may be testing his recently developed reflexes by sucking his thumb. The eyes are now on the front of the face as the retinas develop under the paper thin skin, but they're still very wide apart. Lanugo, the extra fine hair that regulates your baby's body temperature, is starting to cover his body and his tiny eyebrows are becoming defined.  Inside his little body, Baby's bones are hardening and lengthening. The tiny bones of the inner ear have begun to harden, but his hearing is too rudimentary for him to understand any sound. Limbs of a 15 week old fetus are growing longer and bones are retaining more calcium, and so you would be able to see baby's skeleton with an X-ray this week!
Only 25 weeks to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment