Exciting news - We can finally stop referring to Baby as “Baby # 2” because we’ve decided on a name. Please welcome AIDEN JAMES FRITZ to the family. Daddy likes it because babies’ initials will be A.F. like his, and we all like it because it’s a good ole Irish name. Aiden can be spelled many ways - Ayden, Aidan, Aden, Aidyn but they all come from the diminutive form of the Irish name Aed meaning “fire” and would imply “born of fire”, and/or of the Irish name Aodh (pronounced 'ee'), who was the old Celtic god of the sun and fire. It became a popular name in honour of St. Aidan, a famous seventh century Irish saint, noted for his kindness and generosity and for spreading Christianity. Interestingly enough, Aiden (spelled with an ‘en’) was the most popular baby name of the decade (2000-2009). Hopefully it has gone down slightly in ranks so he won’t have to share his name with too many classmates. And while I originally liked the spelling with a “Y” (as with Bryce) I think he would always be correcting people so better to stick with the most common “Americanized” form of Aiden. As for his middle name, we’ve decided to go with James after my Mom’s Dad (who went by John), and his Grandfather Captain James Tregaskis. We’re all so excited to meet you Aiden James!!
I ordered the Peek-A-Boo monster bedding set from the same place in the States as I ordered for Bryce. They have hundreds of sets to choose from and this was the one that I kept going back to. A shame I couldn’t find it in Canada because shipping, duty, and conversion really bumps up the price…but it’s so cute. The comforter appears to have raised appliqués and even metallic fabric accents. Unbeknownst to me…I didn’t realize how popular a “character” Peek-A-Boo monster is. You can get Peek-A-Boo everything! There will be no issues in finding accent pieces like Pillows, lamps, pictures, change pad cover. (Just make sure you don’t ONLY google “peek a boo”- wash my eyes out with beach!) And of course the set will match the existing brown crib and rocking chair. I just need to purchase a dresser, paint the walls green…and we are set! (I also just stocked up on diapers which were on sale. $15 off a box plus I had a coupon for another $10 off if I bought two boxes. So 400 diapers for $52 instead on $92. Think I’ll go back and grab 2 more!) On a side note…I think I’ll re-do Bryce’s room too so that he doesn’t feel left out. I don’t want to focus all my energy and attention on the “new baby’s room” without making Bryce feel special too. I’m thinking of a Dino theme with new bedding and wall art. I’ll probably leave the walls blue though.
What’s happening with baby this week? “At half a pound and six inches long, your baby is about the size of a juicy mango. And that’s pretty sweet! On the development docket this week: a total baby body wrap. Your little one gets a head-to-toe coating of vernix caseosa, a white cheesy-looking substance made up of lanugo (that downy hair), oil from his glands, and dead skin cells. Maybe not a recipe for your favorite spa treatment, but just the right one for your fetus. This waterproof mixture protects your baby’s skin from his 24/7 bath — the amniotic fluid — and lubricates the birth canal. Without it, baby would look positively prune-y at birth and would have a much tougher time getting out the door. Don’t be surprised if you see vernix remnants on your newborn right after delivery, especially if he makes an early debut. On the looks side, your baby’s monkey-like appearance of yester-week is yesterday’s news now that his legs have gone through a growth spurt and are finally in proportion to his arms. Those longer legs, coupled with the strengthening of cartilage into bone, will make your little one’s kicks and jabs more powerful. Add to that the newly-formed neurons that are sending better commanding messages from the brain to the muscles and you’ve got a formula for stronger, meaner, and more controlled movements, allowing your acrobat to take his body for some serious test-drives — and for you to start feeling them. In the coming weeks you’ll experience plenty of flutters, kicks, jabs, twists, stretches, and punches. And no matter when you begin feeling them or what they feel like, all your baby’s movements are bound to be moving.
Almost half way there!!
*BTW my blood work came back as NOT iron deficient. So either all the Spinach, clams, and cashew eating has made a difference…OR it was something else making me tired, dizzy, short of breath and tachycardic. Maybe that’s just what a second pregnancy feels like while chasing around a 3 year old?? J
*AND…on Thursday Jan 22 at 9:30 (while in a meeting) I felt baby Aiden’s kick on the outside. Very light, like a little muscle spasm, but definitely him. (The cold drink of water must have woken him up!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment