I haven’t been feeling very creative or motivated to write
this week. Things are really busy at work, and my evenings/weekends are full of
Bryce. :) Not too much to report in terms of the
pregnancy.
Things are moving along well,
and I have another monthly appointment in a few days. I guess with the second, you don’t have as
much time to focus on “being” pregnant?!
Aiden moves a lot though.
That sure reminds me I'm pregnant!
I notice his movements mostly first thing in the morning (might be from the
coffee :s), later in the evening, and
often in the middle of the night. He
gets irritated if I lay on my right side, I think because his head gets
smooshed. :s
I have a feeling he’s going to be a big
boy like his brother, as he seems to have run out of space in there already.
I know one little guy that is going to be REALLY happy once
Momma isn't pregnant anymore. I'm pretty
sure Bryce is getting sick of hearing “Mommy can’t do that because of her belly”. “Mommy can’t do somersaults, or bounce on the
trampoline, or give horsey back rides, or jump off the couch into a pile of
pillows”. Basically Mommy just walks
really fast and pretends to give chase!!
I’m a little bit stressed about the logistics of labour and
the Hospital stay. It was much easier
the first time around when all I had to worry about was Mdog! Ideally, I’d like to go into labour on a
Friday morning (~8:00am) after I've dropped Bryce off at school. I’ll make it quick...Aiden will be born by 3pm,
and my Mom or Sister can then go pick him up by days end. They can have a sleepover weekend, and I’ll
be back in business and home by Sunday afternoon! I’ll let you all know how that works out!! Lol
What’s happening with baby this week? ‘Your little grower’s physical proportions are
pretty much birth-ready and most of their remaining development will largely be
weight gain and a ton of nervous system development. The good news is: if your child were to be born
premature, they’d likely survive without much trauma as their lungs started
producing “surfactant” last week, which means their tiny respiratory system is
getting stronger with each passing day.
Yes, now’s a good time for a
minor sigh of relief and a quick pat on the back. All that hard work and
conscientious living is really getting your child prepared for a healthy
delivery. In
mobile-fetus news: your baby should be scootching slowly out of the
breech position (head upright, with their butt-n-legs down by your pelvis) and
start rotating around for a head-first exit through the birth canal. If all goes well, and your little womb hi-jacker isn't a contrary one,
they'll be locked-n-loaded in the next few weeks! Time is
short (or really long, depending on who you ask) — just (still!) 14 weeks left
before you can go back to being a single-resident human... with one tiny
brand-spankin' new family member"!
No comments:
Post a Comment