Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Week 27

I think I’ve been blogging a week behind throughout this pregnancy.  I suppose when you are 27w+1day, you are ACTUALLY in your 28th week.  So this is my “catch-up” entry.

We had the most wonderful experience at the 3D Miracles ultrasound clinic yesterday.  To actually see his little face, his lips, nose, and chubby cheeks….instead of a 2D black and white skeleton, was AMAZING!    I can’t imagine I’d get excited over a “regular” ultrasound again?!  Technology sure has come a LONG way.  Maybe in the future, we’ll just have viewing windows implanted into our tummies.  We’d be like a walking fish bowl!!  Lol
My Mom, Sister and “Daddy” joined me at the clinic, with Papa, and another family friend joining us via a live internet feed.  That’s right - they broadcasted the 30 min ultrasound procedure online in real time for those to watch who couldn’t join us. The suite was equipped with 3 couches that would accommodate 9 or more people, and a large plasma screen TV for our viewing pleasure.  The only thing missing was popcorn!  I should suggest a canteen set-up?!  :)
The pictures were amazing, and Aiden was very much awake and putting on a show.  Lots of different facial expressions like yawns and grimaces, some neck stretching, and lots of kicking.  He seemed to be quite comfortable with his wee little head resting against my placenta like a soft pillow.  Wonder if he can hear my heartbeat better that way?  It was also so cute how he had his arms/hands up by his face, and I think we caught a picture of him sucking his thumb.  The Ultrasound tech told us he was head down (locked & loaded) with his back running up my left side and his legs/feet tucked up under my right ribs.

Aiden (27 weeks in Utero) & Bryce (1 week old)
The images were so clear and detailed that I saw a resemblance to Bryce almost instantly.  Same nose, little cupid lips, and NO hair.  I sent a copy of the side by side picture back to Melissa at 3D miracles and she agrees that I have a set of twins (albeit 3 years apart) on my hands!  
What’s happening with baby this week? “Your not-so-tiny-anymore baby (2 pounds and 14.5 inches long!) is slowly rotating in preparation to “head out” for the grand entrance on their birthday! Now obviously, this doesn’t happen overnight, but when you start to feel a new sort of pressure "down there" (aka your cervix), you’ll know you’ve got a fully flipped locked-n-loaded womb-fruit waiting for the countdown to launch!
Impressive physical developments of the week: your child's lungs are already capable of breathing air as their vascular system can now handle oxygen/carbon exchange and their brain stem can now regulate rhythmic breathing as well as their basal body temperature!  For what it’s worth, at this point in a healthy pregnancy - if you were to give birth prematurely, your tiny fighter could easily win on the show: “Survivor: The Early Years.”  Go ahead, give your belly a gentle hi-five!”
About 90 days to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment